Pokémon GO has taken the WORLD by storm!
Regardless of if you were aware of the craze in the 90s or not, chances are you’ve heard of Pokémon Go by now!
Pokémon GO is a free-to-play location-based augmented reality mobile game. Developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices. It was released this month and is currently sitting at No. 1 on the Australian App Store, with “Poke Radar for Pokémon GO” taking out the second spot.
Popularity and downloads have even exceeded those of popular dating app Tinder. Whilst available here, the app is creating a surge of frustration in those markets across Asia that are still waiting to launch, such as China, Japan and Korea.
Top Tips For Being A Great X Trainer:
So, if you wanna be the very best, like no one ever was … here are some top tips for being a successful pokemon x Trainer:
- If you ignore the three starter pokemon go —Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur for long enough, we’re told you’ll get Pikachu as an offer! (Pika is super rare so it’s worth the delay!)
- The different types of pokemon are more common in specific areas; ie Grass types seem to be more common in parks, water pokemon pop up around lakes, and fighting types, like Mankey and Hitmonlee, are said to gather near stadiums or gyms
- More rare and valuable pokemon appear as progress through the game’s levels
- Hard-to-capture Pokémon can be calmed (and easier to catch) if you throw a Razz Berry their way
- Magic Eggs will help you level-up quickly, doubling Experience Points for half an hour
- Lures can only be used at PokéStops and will attract extra Pokémon for half an hour
- Incense can make Pokémon come to you, rather than you seeking them out
- Individual Pokémon y can be ‘transferred’ to the Professor in exchange for Candy
- Installing your Pokémon Go character in a PokéGym will earn you daily rewards
- Battery Saver mode darkens the screen when you tip the phone upside down
- To catch Pokémon more easily, turn off AR mode when throwing your Poké Ball
- Buy an external battery! Pokémon Go can be a huge battery drain on your phone, since the app needs to be running constantly
- Hopping on a bicycle is a fun, fast way to hatch pokemon eggs quickly
- Pokémon Go relies on Google Maps data — try downloading the maps directly from Google to cut down on battery use and data consumption
- Be smart and make sure to always be aware of your surrounding and people nearby.
Just when you thought this new craze (and it’s ever expanding popularity) was wacky enough – here are some even crazier Pokémon GO happenings:
- The president of Israel busted a Meowth hanging out in his office
- The Australian Red Cross Blood Service placed a Pokémon Go lure near its mobile donor centre. This attracted 10 blood donors keen to catch pokemon, six of whom had never given blood before! #WINFORAUREDCROSS
READ MORE COMMENTS
- And gotta Love those health benefits!